Monday, December 24, 2018
Thursday, November 29, 2018
Changes of current version since last update :
- Changed : chrome.notifications api is no longer used to show notification messages. Window.alert() and window.confirm() are used instead. This is to ensure that the end user is notified successfully in all cases, regardless of the setting of Windows 10 Focus Assist and the length of the message.
- Changed : the extension no longer requires the "notifications" permission.
- Fixed : the extension Options page showed double scroll bars where in fact only one scroll bar is required.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
This is in response to a review which was done earlier this year in the Chrome Web Store page of ConstEdit. The review mentioned the lack of html source code viewing / editing capability with the word processor.
ConstEdit is a word processor designed solely for editing regular documents in the html format, not as an html source code editor. No previous knowledge of html coding is required for using ConstEdit. There is no future plan to add such capabilities into the extension. But this doesn't mean that it cannot be used for html source code editing. The trick is to enable the Developer Tools which is a built-in feature of the Google Chrome web-browser. This page shows you how to edit the DOM of any html file opened in Chrome with its Developer Tools.
To edit the source code of an html file, you can firstly open the file with ConstEdit to quickly type in its full content. The Developer Tools can then be activated to add in any required formatting not supported by ConstEdit. When Developer Tools is active, ConstEdit serves as a WYSIWYG preview of what you have changed in the Tools. When you have finished with all the changes, you can save your html file with the Save function of ConstEdit. You now have a WYSIWYG html source code editor.
While this ConstEdit + Developer Tools approach may not have all the complex features of a regular html source code editor, it does provide a simple and handy means to get the job done quickly.
Friday, July 27, 2018
Changes since the last update :
- Changed : The user interface has undergone a major overhaul. Auto-drop-down auto-hide sub-menus are implemented to allow for more working space.
- Removed : All previous context menu items of ConstEdit have been relocated to the above auto-drop-down sub-menus. The word processor no longer puts any customized items into the default web-browser context menu.
- Added : New options to move up/down of section/table/figure through other paragraphs.
- Changed : Select Document / Paragraph options are enhanced to Select And Copy Document / Paragraph.
- Fixed : Formerly, subscript / superscript text styles options were sometimes ignored.
- Fixed : Erase All Text Styles option can now remove subscript and superscript text styles correctly.
- Changed : Style property for "width" now allows changes in 1% steps instead of 5% in Design Html Stylesheets and in Inline Styles Dialog.
- Changed : Font-size is no longer set for "document" and "figures" in Design Html Stylesheets for the start-up and for the bundled stylesheets1 to 4.
- Added : A new selector "images in figures" is added in Design Html Stylesheets, so that these images can be styled independently from generic images.
- Fixed : few bugs.
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Changes of current update :
- Fixed : The bundled css stylesheet 1 and stylesheet 3 are changed so that the background color is now a little bit brighter than before.
- Fixed : "Translate" and "Insert Date" functions now detects languages more intelligently from Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages > languages based on your preference. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly in Chrome to make these functions work better.
- Fixed : Wordings in some bottom-right-corner notifications have been changed.
Monday, March 12, 2018
Voice Typing is the major feature of this upgrade.
- A new button is added to the editor toolbar to start / stop Voice Typing. You also select your spoken language here for the speech recognition.
- Note that you may be prompted with a message to grant permission to the extension for accessing your microphone.
- The Voice Typing capability is enabled by a speech recognition service of Google Inc, which requires an internet connection to work with. Voice Typing works only when your web-browser is connected to the internet.
- The list of languages is retrieved from your setup in Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly so that your choice of spoken languages appears in the list.
- The recognized text is inserted at the current input position of the document. Note that the maximum duration of a voice typing session is approximately 5 minutes. The session will end by itself when the maximum duration is reached or when no speech is detected.
Other changes of this release :
- Fixed : Remove Table Column now handles jagged tables correctly.
- Fixed : Paste Plain Text no longer trims away leading and trailing white-spaces from the pasted text.
- Fixed : Options Page of the extension is now scrollable in Chrome version 65.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
ConstEdit v1.1 is implemented earlier than initially expected, before instead of after Chinese New Year. Here is the changelog :
- New : relative url's are now supported. An on-request conversion option is provided to convert all url's in the current document to absolute or relative selectively, with respect to the url of the document.
- Only the "src" and "href" element attributes are converted; url's in inline styles and in <style> elements are ignored because ConstEdit does not support any functionality to input such url's.
- Note that new url's, e.g. url's in newly inserted images and links, are all inserted as absolute by ConstEdit.
- New : a new option to cycle through title-case, upper-case, and lower-case is added with shortcut key ctrl+shift+f3.
- Changed : the performance of auto-convert actions during edit is improved. Note that when the auto-convert mapping is changed in the Options Page, the changes in the mapping are not reflected in already-opened documents immediately; the changes will become effective only after the document is reopened.
- Changed : the Sections Structure Dialog button is now more prominent; its tooltip is changed to make it more clear that it is used for adding and removing sections.
- Changed : shortcut keys ctrl+] and ctrl+[ are added for Paragraph Indent / Outdent.
- Changed : shortcut keys ctrl+shift+] and ctrl+shift+[ are added for Move Paragraph Down / Up.
- Fixed : the first edit action after performing a Save did not trigger the display of the "modified" indicator on the web-browser tab; subsequent edit actions are all ok.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
The next update of ConstEdit is planned to be after the Lunar New Year, i.e. towards the end of February. The major change in this update will be the support of converting links in an html document to relative or absolute url's. Hope that the new feature will be useful to you.