Our homepage is upgraded to HTTPS. Visitors can now view our website over an encrypted connection. Any access to the old url http://www.constedit.com will be redirected to https://www.constedit.com automatically.
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Changes of current update :
- Fixed : The bundled css stylesheet 1 and stylesheet 3 are changed so that the background color is now a little bit brighter than before.
- Fixed : "Translate" and "Insert Date" functions now detects languages more intelligently from Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages > languages based on your preference. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly in Chrome to make these functions work better.
- Fixed : Wordings in some bottom-right-corner notifications have been changed.
Monday, March 12, 2018
Voice Typing is the major feature of this upgrade.
- A new button is added to the editor toolbar to start / stop Voice Typing. You also select your spoken language here for the speech recognition.
- Note that you may be prompted with a message to grant permission to the extension for accessing your microphone.
- The Voice Typing capability is enabled by a speech recognition service of Google Inc, which requires an internet connection to work with. Voice Typing works only when your web-browser is connected to the internet.
- The list of languages is retrieved from your setup in Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly so that your choice of spoken languages appears in the list.
- The recognized text is inserted at the current input position of the document. Note that the maximum duration of a voice typing session is approximately 5 minutes. The session will end by itself when the maximum duration is reached or when no speech is detected.
Other changes of this release :
- Fixed : Remove Table Column now handles jagged tables correctly.
- Fixed : Paste Plain Text no longer trims away leading and trailing white-spaces from the pasted text.
- Fixed : Options Page of the extension is now scrollable in Chrome version 65.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
ConstEdit v1.1 is implemented earlier than initially expected, before instead of after Chinese New Year. Here is the changelog :
- New : relative url's are now supported. An on-request conversion option is provided to convert all url's in the current document to absolute or relative selectively, with respect to the url of the document.
- Only the "src" and "href" element attributes are converted; url's in inline styles and in <style> elements are ignored because ConstEdit does not support any functionality to input such url's.
- Note that new url's, e.g. url's in newly inserted images and links, are all inserted as absolute by ConstEdit.
- New : a new option to cycle through title-case, upper-case, and lower-case is added with shortcut key ctrl+shift+f3.
- Changed : the performance of auto-convert actions during edit is improved. Note that when the auto-convert mapping is changed in the Options Page, the changes in the mapping are not reflected in already-opened documents immediately; the changes will become effective only after the document is reopened.
- Changed : the Sections Structure Dialog button is now more prominent; its tooltip is changed to make it more clear that it is used for adding and removing sections.
- Changed : shortcut keys ctrl+] and ctrl+[ are added for Paragraph Indent / Outdent.
- Changed : shortcut keys ctrl+shift+] and ctrl+shift+[ are added for Move Paragraph Down / Up.
- Fixed : the first edit action after performing a Save did not trigger the display of the "modified" indicator on the web-browser tab; subsequent edit actions are all ok.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
The next update of ConstEdit is planned to be after the Lunar New Year, i.e. towards the end of February. The major change in this update will be the support of converting links in an html document to relative or absolute url's. Hope that the new feature will be useful to you.