Tuesday, December 24, 2019
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Here are the changes of this update :
- Fixed and Changed. Since Chrome 78, the filename extension of the auto-backup file from the Auto-Save action is changed by Chrome automatically from the default ".htm_backup" to ".html". This fix sets the auto-saved filename to the original filename. No more suffix is appended to the extension part of the filename.
- Note that, as a result of the change, if you are keeping your documents in the Download Folder of Chrome, your original documents will be over-written without any warnings by the Auto-Save action.
- Fixed. The paragraph containing the last input position of the last editing session is designed to be selected automatically when the document is reopened the next time. In previous versions, an incorrect paragraph may be highlighted in some cases.
- Changed. Auto-capitalization is enhanced to handle some more cases.
Sunday, December 1, 2019
Because of a new security measure from Chrome Web Store, ConstEdit is now undergoing a review by Google. Our page in Chrome Web Store will not be available until the review is completed, which may take few days.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
02/Dec update : The review is now completed. Our page in Chrome Web Store is up again.
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Changes with this update :
- Added : a new option in the Text Menu to get the font, font size, font color and font background color of the text at the current input position. These font styles values are then saved as the last-used values in the corresponding buttons of the Text Menu, for more convenience of reusing the styles at a later time in the same editing session. This is similar to the copy-and-paste of text formatting in traditional word processors.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
This is a bug-fixing release with some cosmetic changes.
- Fixed : the extension popup from the web-browser toolbar did not function correctly for certain uri's of the website in the current tab.
- Changed : background color of the main editing toolbar and of the Inline Styles Dialog toolbar are changed to better match with the black theme of Chrome.
- Fixed : the width of the text input area in Comment Dialog could be dragged beyond the maximum width of the dialog itself.
- Issue : a document opened in ConstEdit for editing, can be rendered with a different Font and Font Size from those when the same document is opened in a tab for normal browsing.
- This issue is caused by a bug of the web-browser, in which a font style is injected into an html document unnecessarily by Chrome, when the document is opened in an extension.
- Note that this bug does not affect the normal ConstEdit editing actions and does not have any impact on the document content.
- If Font Family and Font Size are not specified in the document and also not specified in the external stylesheets used in the document (which means that the default web-browser font-size should be used), the injected font style will override the default font settings at Chrome Settings > Appearance > Font.
- In Windows, the injected font style is always Segoe UI with Font Size 75%.
- No font style is injected by Chrome when the same document is opened in a web-browser tab for normal browsing.
- Work-around. While we haven't found any means to stop the web-browser from injecting the font style, the rendering of documents can be made the same in the extension and in normal browsing.
- This is done by specifying a Font Family and a Font Size in the external stylesheets used by the documents. The Font Family and Font Size specified in external stylesheets will override the injected font style.
- Changed : the Startup Base Stylesheet and Stylesheets 1 to 4 in the Design Html Stylesheets function of ConstEdit now sets the Font Size of "Document" element to 1em, i.e. to use the default Font Size. Font Family is not set though.
- In Windows, when you use Design Html Stylesheets to design new stylesheets, if your desired Font Family is not Segoe UI, you have to specify explicitly the font for the "Document" element, even though it may have already been set in Chrome Settings > Appearance > Font.
- Recommended actions if you have already generated some external stylesheets from Design Html Stylesheets and if you have not specified any Font Family or Font Size for the "Document" element in the stylesheets :
- ConstEdit > Design Style Sheet > Import and select your stylesheet > select "Document" element > Font > specify the desired Font and the Font Size (1em to use the web-browser default size) > Save.
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Changes in this update :
- Added : validation to ensure that "Allow Access To File URLs" is enabled for the extension (right-click on Chrome main toolbar extension button > Manage Extensions).
- Changed : minor enhancement to auto-capitalization to handle some more cases.
- Fixed : a single mouse click at the extension button on the main toolbar is now able to pop up the options items successfully in all cases. Formerly, a second click was necessary to bring up the popup when the extension was suspended after a certain period of inactivity.
- Fixed : a minor bug.
Monday, February 25, 2019
This is an error-fixing release.
- Fixed : Fixed an error in the popup when the extension icon is clicked. The Recent Files list was erased in some cases.
- Fixed : Spell-checking was not enabled successfully in some cases.
- Fixed : Options Page of the extension failed to set up the standard css stylesheet successfully into the Download Folder of the browser. This issue was found since a recent update of Chrome web-browser.
Monday, February 4, 2019
Monday, January 7, 2019
This update includes the following changes :
- Changed : in Remove All Paragraph Styles, all inline styles of the current paragraph and its sub-paragraphs are now removed, instead of just the currently selected paragraph.
- Changed : auto-capitalization is now able to capitalize compound words such as up-to-date and long-term.
- Changed : "mr" and "mrs" are added to auto-convert-from in Options Page mapping to "Mr." and "Mrs." respectively. Note that this only applies to new users of the extension. The Options Page of current users are not affected.
- Removed : the function with the shortcut key ctrl+shift+F3 to cycle through title-, upper- and lower-case for the current word is removed.
- Added : a new function to capitalize the first word of the current sentence is provided with the shortcut key ctrl+shift+F3, in the Text drop-down menu.
- Fixed : some shortcut keys were incorrectly disabled if auto-capitalization and auto-convert were both disabled.