Please be advised that since April, we have not been able to login to our Facebook page due to an error from our desktop web browser : "The page isn’t redirecting properly. An error occurred during a connection to www.facebook.com. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.". The error persists even after relaxing the cookies settings in the web browser. We have therefore decided that it is better to deprecate the page, instead of fiddling with the security settings.
Thursday, September 17, 2020
This update is mainly about getting around the issues of the web-browser in injecting unnecessary inline text styles :
- Fixed. Previously, setting or removing font styles could trigger Chrome to inject inline styles into various places unnecessarily whenever an ancestor block element of the selected text contains font-related inline styles. Though the rendering of the content still looks correct apparently, the injection of inline styles is totally unnecessary, and makes the html code of the document very dirty.
- The issue is not triggered by font-related styles defined in external CSS stylesheets.
- These functions are overhauled to get around the issue : Remove All Text Styles, Apply Text Styles for bold / italic / underline / strike-through / subscript / superscript / font-family / font color / background-color / highlight / font-size.
- Note that as a result of the change,
- The above actions are no longer included in the Undo History, i.e. cannot be undone / redone properly.
- Underline and Strike-through text styles can no longer co-exist.
- There is no more toggling action for bold / italic / underline / strike-through / subscript / superscript.
- Remove All Text Styles is now more aggressive; it erases all the previously applied text styles overlapping with the input position or overlapping with the selected text, i.e. not just limited to the selected text.
- Changed. Text style for Font-Size now uses the unit "em" (scale factor to the default size), and supports a much finer and wider range of values than before.
- Fixed. Previously, Toggle Bulleted / Numbered List and Indent / Outdent Paragraph actions could trigger Chrome to generate unnecessary Span elements to the text of the paragraph, making the html code of the document very dirty.
- Indent Paragraph is now good for all selected paragraphs, not only for the one at the input position, as it previously was.
- Fixed. Previously, using Delete key to combine two consecutive paragraphs would trigger Chrome to inject inline styles into the text of the second paragraph unnecessarily. Though the rendering of the content may still look correct apparently, the injection of inline styles is totally unnecessary, and makes the html code of the document very dirty.
- Fixed. Auto-convert now works for words in section titles and headings.
- Changed. Version no. of the extension is now shown in the tooltip of the company logo at the top-left of the editor.
- Fixed. A few other bugs have been fixed.