Our homepage is upgraded to HTTPS. Visitors can now view our website over an encrypted connection. Any access to the old url http://www.constedit.com will be redirected to https://www.constedit.com automatically.
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Changes of current update :
- Fixed : The bundled css stylesheet 1 and stylesheet 3 are changed so that the background color is now a little bit brighter than before.
- Fixed : "Translate" and "Insert Date" functions now detects languages more intelligently from Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages > languages based on your preference. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly in Chrome to make these functions work better.
- Fixed : Wordings in some bottom-right-corner notifications have been changed.
Monday, March 12, 2018
Voice Typing is the major feature of this upgrade.
- A new button is added to the editor toolbar to start / stop Voice Typing. You also select your spoken language here for the speech recognition.
- Note that you may be prompted with a message to grant permission to the extension for accessing your microphone.
- The Voice Typing capability is enabled by a speech recognition service of Google Inc, which requires an internet connection to work with. Voice Typing works only when your web-browser is connected to the internet.
- The list of languages is retrieved from your setup in Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly so that your choice of spoken languages appears in the list.
- The recognized text is inserted at the current input position of the document. Note that the maximum duration of a voice typing session is approximately 5 minutes. The session will end by itself when the maximum duration is reached or when no speech is detected.
Other changes of this release :
- Fixed : Remove Table Column now handles jagged tables correctly.
- Fixed : Paste Plain Text no longer trims away leading and trailing white-spaces from the pasted text.
- Fixed : Options Page of the extension is now scrollable in Chrome version 65.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
ConstEdit v1.1 is implemented earlier than initially expected, before instead of after Chinese New Year. Here is the changelog :
- New : relative url's are now supported. An on-request conversion option is provided to convert all url's in the current document to absolute or relative selectively, with respect to the url of the document.
- Only the "src" and "href" element attributes are converted; url's in inline styles and in <style> elements are ignored because ConstEdit does not support any functionality to input such url's.
- Note that new url's, e.g. url's in newly inserted images and links, are all inserted as absolute by ConstEdit.
- New : a new option to cycle through title-case, upper-case, and lower-case is added with shortcut key ctrl+shift+f3.
- Changed : the performance of auto-convert actions during edit is improved. Note that when the auto-convert mapping is changed in the Options Page, the changes in the mapping are not reflected in already-opened documents immediately; the changes will become effective only after the document is reopened.
- Changed : the Sections Structure Dialog button is now more prominent; its tooltip is changed to make it more clear that it is used for adding and removing sections.
- Changed : shortcut keys ctrl+] and ctrl+[ are added for Paragraph Indent / Outdent.
- Changed : shortcut keys ctrl+shift+] and ctrl+shift+[ are added for Move Paragraph Down / Up.
- Fixed : the first edit action after performing a Save did not trigger the display of the "modified" indicator on the web-browser tab; subsequent edit actions are all ok.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
The next update of ConstEdit is planned to be after the Lunar New Year, i.e. towards the end of February. The major change in this update will be the support of converting links in an html document to relative or absolute url's. Hope that the new feature will be useful to you.
Saturday, December 23, 2017
Friday, November 17, 2017
Compatibile Devices of ConstEdit
Formerly, we believed that Google Chrome extensions can be installed on all versions of Chrome, including the mobile version. We therefore claimed that ConstEdit is compatible with Android and other mobile devices operating systems. We made a big mistake here. Google Chrome extensions in fact cannot be installed on mobile devices. ConstEdit can be installed only if you have a desktop version of Google Chrome web browser. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our incorrect information.
All wordings in this website and in the ConstEdit User Guide have been corrected accordingly.
A new version of ConstEdit, bundled with the corrected User Guide, is issued. You can download it for a trial at our page in the Chrome Web Store.
Monday, October 30, 2017
ConstEdit has been rewritten as a Google Chrome web browser extension. You can now use ConstEdit on almost all operating systems, whether it be Windows, Linux or Android, with almost any devices, as long as you have Google Chrome web browser already installed on your device.
Free Trial Period. ConstEdit is no longer freeware. You have a 31-days free trial period, during which you have full access to all functionality provided by the word processor. After that, you have to pay for a Full License in order to continue to perform the Save action. Please go to the Download page to see more details on the arrangement, and for the links to the ConstEdit page in Chrome Web Store. The old standalone freeware version of the software is still available for download from the Download page.
Function-wise the ConstEdit extension is not much different from the old version. A brief comparison is nevertheless shown here for your reference :
- ConstEdit extension is not dependent on Windows operating system and on the Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Editing of plain text files is no longer supported. Only html documents can be edited with ConstEdit extension.
- These html editing functions are no longer supported : word count, drag-and-drop-copy of section in Sections Structure Dialog, rectangular table cell selection, resizer to resize images/tables by dragging, relative links.
- File IO is more clumsy due to more security & privacy restrictions, as a result of working on a web-browser platform; you actually have even more data security and privacy protection than before. Please see the Limitations page for more details.
- New style properties are supported (column-count, vertical text, max-width), while some are taken away (background image style properties); the bundled stylesheets are newly designed.
- Technically the new ConstEdit has a much cleaner code base and much simpler design than before, which means hopefully less prone to programming errors.
- The new ConstEdit is more responsive in terms of performance.