Monday, February 4, 2019
Monday, January 7, 2019
This update includes the following changes :
- Changed : in Remove All Paragraph Styles, all inline styles of the current paragraph and its sub-paragraphs are now removed, instead of just the currently selected paragraph.
- Changed : auto-capitalization is now able to capitalize compound words such as up-to-date and long-term.
- Changed : "mr" and "mrs" are added to auto-convert-from in Options Page mapping to "Mr." and "Mrs." respectively. Note that this only applies to new users of the extension. The Options Page of current users are not affected.
- Removed : the function with the shortcut key ctrl+shift+F3 to cycle through title-, upper- and lower-case for the current word is removed.
- Added : a new function to capitalize the first word of the current sentence is provided with the shortcut key ctrl+shift+F3, in the Text drop-down menu.
- Fixed : some shortcut keys were incorrectly disabled if auto-capitalization and auto-convert were both disabled.
Monday, December 24, 2018
Thursday, November 29, 2018
Changes of current version since last update :
- Changed : chrome.notifications api is no longer used to show notification messages. Window.alert() and window.confirm() are used instead. This is to ensure that the end user is notified successfully in all cases, regardless of the setting of Windows 10 Focus Assist and the length of the message.
- Changed : the extension no longer requires the "notifications" permission.
- Fixed : the extension Options page showed double scroll bars where in fact only one scroll bar is required.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
This is in response to a review which was done earlier this year in the Chrome Web Store page of ConstEdit. The review mentioned the lack of html source code viewing / editing capability with the word processor.
ConstEdit is a word processor designed solely for editing regular documents in the html format, not as an html source code editor. No previous knowledge of html coding is required for using ConstEdit. There is no future plan to add such capabilities into the extension. But this doesn't mean that it cannot be used for html source code editing. The trick is to enable the Developer Tools which is a built-in feature of the Google Chrome web-browser. This page shows you how to edit the DOM of any html file opened in Chrome with its Developer Tools.
To edit the source code of an html file, you can firstly open the file with ConstEdit to quickly type in its full content. The Developer Tools can then be activated to add in any required formatting not supported by ConstEdit. When Developer Tools is active, ConstEdit serves as a WYSIWYG preview of what you have changed in the Tools. When you have finished with all the changes, you can save your html file with the Save function of ConstEdit. You now have a WYSIWYG html source code editor.
While this ConstEdit + Developer Tools approach may not have all the complex features of a regular html source code editor, it does provide a simple and handy means to get the job done quickly.
Friday, July 27, 2018
Changes since the last update :
- Changed : The user interface has undergone a major overhaul. Auto-drop-down auto-hide sub-menus are implemented to allow for more working space.
- Removed : All previous context menu items of ConstEdit have been relocated to the above auto-drop-down sub-menus. The word processor no longer puts any customized items into the default web-browser context menu.
- Added : New options to move up/down of section/table/figure through other paragraphs.
- Changed : Select Document / Paragraph options are enhanced to Select And Copy Document / Paragraph.
- Fixed : Formerly, subscript / superscript text styles options were sometimes ignored.
- Fixed : Erase All Text Styles option can now remove subscript and superscript text styles correctly.
- Changed : Style property for "width" now allows changes in 1% steps instead of 5% in Design Html Stylesheets and in Inline Styles Dialog.
- Changed : Font-size is no longer set for "document" and "figures" in Design Html Stylesheets for the start-up and for the bundled stylesheets1 to 4.
- Added : A new selector "images in figures" is added in Design Html Stylesheets, so that these images can be styled independently from generic images.
- Fixed : few bugs.
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Changes of current update :
- Fixed : The bundled css stylesheet 1 and stylesheet 3 are changed so that the background color is now a little bit brighter than before.
- Fixed : "Translate" and "Insert Date" functions now detects languages more intelligently from Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages > languages based on your preference. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly in Chrome to make these functions work better.
- Fixed : Wordings in some bottom-right-corner notifications have been changed.
Monday, March 12, 2018
Voice Typing is the major feature of this upgrade.
- A new button is added to the editor toolbar to start / stop Voice Typing. You also select your spoken language here for the speech recognition.
- Note that you may be prompted with a message to grant permission to the extension for accessing your microphone.
- The Voice Typing capability is enabled by a speech recognition service of Google Inc, which requires an internet connection to work with. Voice Typing works only when your web-browser is connected to the internet.
- The list of languages is retrieved from your setup in Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Languages. Make sure that you have set up your preferred languages properly so that your choice of spoken languages appears in the list.
- The recognized text is inserted at the current input position of the document. Note that the maximum duration of a voice typing session is approximately 5 minutes. The session will end by itself when the maximum duration is reached or when no speech is detected.
Other changes of this release :
- Fixed : Remove Table Column now handles jagged tables correctly.
- Fixed : Paste Plain Text no longer trims away leading and trailing white-spaces from the pasted text.
- Fixed : Options Page of the extension is now scrollable in Chrome version 65.