You can download the ConstEdit Set-up Installer and the End User License Agreement EULA through the links below. No registration is required.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or above, including Windows 10, with the latest patches and updates (both 32- and 64-bit versions are supported).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above. (Windows 10 comes with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 already built-in; Windows 8.1 comes with 4.5.1. If you are on Windows 7, you may need to download and update to Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above first.)
Freeware For All Purposes
ConstEdit is totally free and fully functional for all users. There is no serial number or activation key to input. In all cases, by downloading, installing, or using ConstEdit on your computer means that you understand and agree to the End User License Agreement.
100% Clean And Digitally Signed
The ConstEdit installer and all of its executables are digitally signed by a Symantec code signing certificate. You can be assured of the authenticity and integrity of your download.
- Download the ConstEdit installation setup file ConstEditSetup.msi.
- Double click on the setup file and follow the instructions.
- A Desktop shortcut and a Start Menu shortcut are generated automatically by the installer.
Uninstallation is done with the standard Windows way : Control Panel > Programs and Features > click on the ConstEdit item to do the uninstallation.
The ConstEdit User Guide is available here : ConstEdit User Guide.pdf
The User Guide is also embedded in the ConstEdit program itself and is used as the default sample document for the Design Html StyleSheet function. It can be accessed by: Settings Menu > Design Html StyleSheet.
Additional dictionaries for spell-Checking
ConstEdit only has one dictionary (en-US English, United States) for spell-checking with a fresh installation. Additional dictionaries are available from the Mozilla Firefox Add-Ons website :
- In the Firefox Add-Ons Webpage, locate the desired language and click "Install Dictionary" to go to the download page.
- In the download page, if you are not using Firefox as the web-browser, you can start the download of the dictionary file by clicking on the "Download Now" button or the "Download Anyway" link.
- if you are using Firefox as the web-browser, you can start the download of the dictionary file by right-clicking on the "Add To Firefox" button and then choosing the "Save Link As..." menu-item.
You can then make use of the Import Spell-Check Dictionaries option in the Settings Menu to import these dictionaries into ConstEdit.
Reminder : please make sure that you understand and agree to the associated license terms of these dictionaries before use. The license terms are usually contained in the "readme" files which are extracted to the respective subfolder for the imported dictionary within the installation folder.